Houston Mini Maker Faire
Houston! I can’t wait to be back to make soap and nail polish with you guys next weekend at the Houston Mini Maker Faire.
Mike Hinkle wrote a great list of reasons to go to this year’s Maker Faire (you know, other than to make soap and nail polish), so I’ll share them here:
Let’s get right to the point: we were all born to be learners and creators, but sometimes this gets lost in the rush and distractions of modern life. If you want to get back in touch with your inner passion to learn / create / design / build / make, Maker Faire is the place for you! Here you can see real projects, real experiences and activities, made by real people who might even live on your street. While there are some cool things to purchase if you want, Maker Faire is outstandingly about learning and doing. If you’ve never been to a Maker Faire before, you’ve never seen anything like this! Simply put, this will be the most informative and inspirational event of the year in Houston.
Key signs you’re ready for Maker Faire:
- You’ve heard about cool things Makers are doing and want to learn how to do it yourself
- Your attention span is longer than 6 seconds or 140 characters
- You’re sure there’s more to life than what you can see on a screen
- You’ve heard about some amazing new tech thing and you want to see it for real
- You’re a student and you want to actually use, apply and experience things you’ve learned in the classroom
- You fear going to exhibitions and shows because you don’t want to be chased by people trying to sell you things
Click here for a full list of exhibits, activities and events at the Houston Mini Maker Faire on Saturday, November 1, 2014 at the Stafford Centre.